Flow Cytometry at the McGowan Institute
The facility reserves the right to decline work for bio-safety reasons
- On-line scheduling calendar
- Self-operation available only to trained personnel. Calendar link provided on completion of training.
- Call or e-mail Dewayne Falkner
- View current schedule.
- Schedule all time points for an experiment prior to starting the experiment to ensure availability of instrument and operator.
- DO NOT schedule an appointment until all reagents are in-house or a confirmed shipping date has been received.
- Minimum booking time is 30min.
- Facility must be notified via email of all cancellations by noon 2business days prior to appointment to avoid charges.
- Facility must authorize significant changes to an appointment. Significant changes are defined as a greater than 20% increase/decrease of tube numbers, changing between analysis and sorting, a greater than 10% increase/decrease of total cells/sort tube. Unauthorized work will not be permitted to impinge on other reserved time.
- Scheduling: ALL appointment requests MUST provide following upon request. This will be strictly enforced.
- Valid account number on file
- PI/Grant Name
- Your name and contact info
- Species, Cell Type and approximate cell size (in microns)
- Known biohazards
- All colors used in experiment
- Analysis: number of tubes, not including compensation tubes, and preferred event number to acquire
- Sort: number of tubes to be sorted, approximate total cell number per tube and collection device (tube, slide, plate)
- Preferred dates/times
- Day of Appointment:
- A confirmed appointment and completed requisition form
- Appropriate compensation tubes: negative and single color positive control tubes
- Filtered, clump-free samples in phenol red-free buffer
- Sort cell concentration: 5-10e6 cells/ml
- Minimum cell number and volume:
- Analysis: 2e5 cells/tube, 200µl/tube in microfuge tubes
- Sorting: less than 1e6 bulk cells in 300µl in microfuge tubes
- Appropriate collection media (phenol red-free) plus serum, 10-20ml